Student Success Statement

"I have been asked what i mean by 'WORD OF HONOR.' I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls--walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground--there is a possibility that in some way or another i might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give MY WORD of honor never to cross it. CAN I GET OUT OF THAT CIRCLE? NO, NEVER! I'D DIE FIRST."- Karl G. Maeser

This quote means that if you keep your word of honor to yourself, then that means that some people will trust you and believe in you and some good things will actually happen to you for just being honest and trust worthy to others. And if you are not a person to keep your own word of honor, then that means that some some people will not believe in you and that some people wont trust you, believe in you, just because you didn't do something that you promised and if you want to be trust worthy to others , then that would be hard because you didn't keep your word of honor and now you have to try really really  hard to regain their trust but now, they probably wont even your friend just because you just weren't trustworthy to them.


Image result for karl g. maeser


Comments

Popular Posts